In the mid-18th Century 25 serfs and 5 cotter house were in Röjtök. They were owned by the Felsőbüki Nagy family. The quotation dates from 1799, the estate is the "jewel in the form of storey mansion."In the XVI. Century the Castle only consisted of ground-floor building, built on the estate Nagyerdő with area of 3,414 cadastral jutaro. In 1750 it was rebuilt in a romantic and classical style castle.
After the death of the principal notary, deputy head of administrative district and later co-opted member in the seven-seat board, Pal Nagy Felsőbüki, József, one of his three children holding the positions of office mentor and personal secretary of the king, became heir to the farm. After the death of his only daughter, Juliana, the estate was passed to her husband, Miksa Ürményi.He came from one of the oldest families in Nitra County.
Sopron traders in those days bred in the mountains Bakony huge herds of pigs and regularly traveled to Croatia and Serbia. They had to speak at least four languages. Antal Bayer moved to Sopron from Waidhofen at the Thaya. His wife came from a brewing family Bosch who hired a former brewery in the present Elizabethan Garden (Erzsébet-Kert).
In 1926 became the new owner the Hungarian ambassador to the Vatican, Verseghy Elek Nagy. He had expensively reconstructed the Castle according to modern requirements. During his era, a park around the castle was built and a large pool was established according to the project of Alfred Hajós. Beside the pool a small wooden Japanese house with reed roof was built, which was unprecedented in the Transdanubia Region at that time.
Among his children Peter died a heroic death, four other children left the country in 1944. Verseghy Elek Nagy and his wife were deported in 1951 to Tiszasüly - Koloptanya.
Over the years the castle's condition worsened. It was waiting for a new owners to be renovated and flourish in the old beauty again. The dream come true, about which the lead designer of the Castle, Ms. Judit Anda, would like to inform the distinguished readers in few words.
On New Year’s Eve 2000 the four-star Hotel Szidónia Castle was opened. A dream came true. So could emerge under the handiwork of Márta Derry this “miracle world”, in which our guests can find now the romance of the past and the convenience of the present.
Since January 2014 Dr. Professor Günter Nebel is the new owner of the hotel, who is trying to preserve the established character and concept of the hotel, and the hospitality, which has always been waiting for the visitors.